Stuart Jordan – Managing Director
- Prior to the launch of Discovery Asset Management in May 2014, Stuart was with QIC from June 2008 as Head of the Australian Small Companies team and was responsible for the flagship QIC Active Small Companies Fund. Stuart was previously the Head of Australian Equities for Deutsche Asset Management (Australia). In that role he was responsible for leadership and development of the team, the investment process, stock selection, business strategy and performance. Stuart was actively involved in maintaining close relationships with key clients and wholesale and retail consultants. At a portfolio level, Stuart was responsible for the main Alpha product, which was close to $6 billion in size.
- Before Stuart’s promotion to Head of Equities, he was Head of Small Companies at Deutsche and it is in the Small Companies space that his expertise and interest lies. His responsibilities were focused on analysing and selecting smaller companies for the broad portfolios including launching a new small companies fund in April 2003. This proved to be a successful product and performance was 25% above the benchmark when Stuart handed it over upon accepting the Head of Australian Equities role.
- Prior to Deutsche, Stuart was a Senior Portfolio Manager at State Superannuation Investment and Management Corporation.
- Stuart holds a Chartered Accountant qualification. His earlier experience encompasses investment analysis (Industrial Equity Limited) and accountancy roles.
Peter Moller – Director
- Prior to the launch of Discovery Asset Management, Peter Moller joined the QIC Australian Small Companies team in August 2008. Peter brings extensive small companies financial modelling experience (on both ‘Buy’ and ‘Sell’ side) used for company valuations, which is an important part of the team’s process.
- Peter has 12 years’ equity analysis & investment experience, most recently with Investors Mutual focusing on smaller companies.
Prior to Investors Mutual, Peter was an analyst with CommSec covering various sectors including media, gaming, transport and industrials. He also has experience with PM Capital and GE Capital.
- Peter holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours in Finance) from the University of Sydney.
Chris Claridge – Director
- Prior to the launch of Discovery Asset Management, Chris joined the QIC Australian Small Companies team in 2007 and was credited with the task of delivering a dealing desk deemed to be of industry best practice. From June 2011, Chris was made an Analyst with the primary responsibility for the resources companies outside of the S&P/ASX100. During this time he also researched smaller resources and energy companies within the S&P/ASX100.
- Prior to joining QIC, Chris spent 18 years in Sydney working at domestic and international investment banks, where he headed up the sales and trading desks for both Citibank and Macquarie Bank. Before focusing on the sales side of the broking business he managed facilitation, portfolio trading, and ran derivatives trading books at Deutsche Bank.
- Chris holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Queensland.